Travel ball coaches are in full recruitment mode this fall for their summer Travel baseball teams. Each of them is promising that fall will be about development. As we have discussed in the past, development is the process of developing.
For my hitters, it is about developing their skills year-round. Here are eight questions you should ask your Travel baseball coach right now to avoid the fall out of fall ball:
- Why did you select me for your Travel baseball team?
- What is your definition of development?
- What role does fall baseball play in your development process for myself as a teammate and for the team?
- What are your steps of development for me as a hitter that will help me be successful for the team in the spring?
- What is my role as a hitter on your team?
- How will you coach me through my failures as a hitter?
- When and how should I communicate with you when I am frustrated with my progress as a hitter?
- How do you feel about me as a result of me asking you these questions?
To help keep your skills sharp, we have introduced a new type of Skill Build—our Virtual Skill Build, where I can help you develop hitting skills anytime, anywhere using anything. Check it out here.
Remember: Intelligence tops being smart.
C.J. Stewart has built a reputation as one of the leading professional hitting instructors in the country. He is a former professional baseball player in the Chicago Cubs organization and has also served as an associate scout for the Cincinnati Reds. As founder and CEO of Diamond Directors Player Development, C.J. has more than 22 years of player development experience and has built an impressive list of clients, including some of the top young prospects in baseball today. If your desire is to change your game for the better, C.J. Stewart has a proven system of development and a track record of success that can work for you.